Friday, July 12, 2013

My Ministry - The Pregnancy Pantry

God keeps reminding me that I have a gift.  The gift of helping people.  I love to help people.  Even if it is helping someone out of a reckless situation they willing got themselves into.  If they need help; we should help.   While in the car, an idea popped into my head.  Why not start a ministry to help mothers with the essentials of having a baby.  I remember being very stressed about how we were going to afford a new car seat, crib, clothing, formula, etc..  You name it; I worried about it.  Would it affect a pregnant women's decision to keep her child, if she knew there was a place to get goods for her baby, that didn't have to do with government assistance, but rather, generosity from those who love Jesus.  People donate to food pantries.  Why not give items of necessity to new mothers?  For example, Breast pumps are so expensive; yet the idea is you will save money since you won't have to buy formula.  What about a new mom who doesn't have someone to throw her a shower; thus, doesn't have much, and can't afford a pump.  What if she works full time?   I'm not sure how I'm going to make this happen or if this is even possible, but I love this idea.  Anything that will glorify God is worth pursuing.  Maybe something like this already exists; but it would never hurt to have another one.   I have a lot of unanswered questions, so if you'd like to help, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment