Thursday, February 7, 2013

Waiting......

Something just dawned on me.  I call these moments my "light bulb" moments.  I listen to christian music, almost exclusively.  No, not because I think other music is bad, or the "devil's" music, but just because it's what I like.  Its uplifting. It makes me feel better, about myself, the world, etc.  I just realized that a lot of my favorite songs, or songs that have the most impact on me involve the concept of waiting.  While waiting is mostly associated with negative things; like lines, doctor visits, or hospital waiting rooms.  Waiting on the Lord is not negative; but can feel like it in the moments in our lives where sadness comes in.  For example, waiting for labor to be over so you can see your new baby; waiting for your daddy to wake up after his pacemaker was replaced, sound familiar?  Waiting on a diagnosis for why my son gets such high unexplained fevers, yet another.  I'm sure each person who may read these has their own set of circumstances where waiting wasn't fun.  But for now, waiting on the Lord, makes me smile.  It's like waiting without waiting, because he is omnipresent. Everywhere at all times.

While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
(from Waiting by John Waller)
Waiting doesn't have to be a sad thing.  Make your waiting count.

No comments:

Post a Comment